Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

I Like Thursday: trip preparation, guild rummage sale, and donation follow up

 We leave tomorrow morning for our trip east -- Road Scholar and granddaughter's wedding with sight seeing before, between, and after.  No blog posts until the end of October. . . . and no time for wildflower or even garden photos!

While I'm away my sewing machine will be in the shop for a much-needed cleaning. 

# # # # # #

Last evening our guild had a members' rummage sale.  $20 per table.  I split with Irene -- I had a table and a half and  she had the other half.  I packed boxes with books, patterns, notions, kits, and fabric. Every time I turned around I found something else I thought I could live without.  [Note: quite a lot came from estate sales, thrift shops, and destashings.]   

Not many people participated. The program chair said there were a number of cancellations.  Attendance at guild meetings still hasn't come back to pre-pandemic levels.  

I didn't sell out, but I returned home with less than I brought.  Out of my house are: two pairs of never-used Gingher applique scissors, a pattern, four books, a pattern, a tote bag kit, six cute greeting cards decorated with buttons, a mola, a set of vintage blocks -- and, hooray, 32-3/4 yards of fabric!   (I could not resist and bought five yards from other sellers.)   It was interesting that all the sellers priced fabric at approx. $3/yard, an independent decision.  My profit after the table fee and my purchase:  $53.50. 

# # # # # #

I wrote about my recent estate sale quilt rescue in this post . 

 I sold the blue bows quilt for $200. 


 



 I traced the origin of the signature block quilt
to Itawamba County, Mississippi, and sent it to the historical society there.  I got this lovely email acknowledgement earlier this week:  

(I'd link up with LeAnna's I Like Thursday but I'm not sure how.) 

See you all at the end of the month!



Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar