Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

How does Wine generate the image files for a Start Menu entry?

Source: unix.stackexchange.com - Thursday, March 28, 2019
With an eye toward extracting all of the sizes of an icon (ICO file) as PNG images from an EXE file , I noticed that Wine appears to do this automatically. After the installation of foobar2000 , Wine (I presume) had created a Desktop Entry at ~/.local/share/applications/wine/Programs/foobar2000.desktop , containing the following content: [Desktop Entry] Name=foobar2000 Exec=env WINEPREFIX="$HOME/.wine" wine C:\\\\windows\\\\command\\\\start.exe /Unix "$HOME/.wine/dosdevices/c:/users/Public/Start\\ Menu/Programs/foobar2000.lnk" Type=Application StartupNotify=true Comment=Play, organize and tag your music. Path=$HOME/.wine/dosdevices/c:/Program Files (x86)/foobar2000 Icon=3C17_foobar2000.0 Eventually, the Icon key caught my eye, and I discovered that it resolved according to the Icon Theme Specification . Hunting around, I found the directories ~/local/share/icons/hicolor/*/apps/ which contained the files for these icons (each folder containing 3C17_foobar2000.0.png ), again which I presume Wine created. My question is how did Wine generate these image files from the application (or shortcut file)?
All Related


Source: Breaking News

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar